Biryani dish is loved by the food lovers all over the world. Biryani is the combination of rice and meat. There are different types of biryani all over the world and Sindhi biryani is one of them. Sindhi biryani is a special meat and rice biryani originating from the Sindh province of Pakistan. It is served in Pakistani airlines too.
The making process f biryani is easier than other recipes. One can make the dish promptly if he/she has all the ingredients. Today we will learn how to prepare sindhi biryani.
Collect all the following ingredients and make the dish fast-
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Water- 3 ½ cups
- Saffron threads, soaked in milk- a big pinch
- Salt- as needed
- Cinnamon sticks- 3 or 4 piece
- Cardamom pods- 8
- Whole cloves- 5
- Bay leaves- 3
- Paprika- 1 tablespoon
- Coriander- 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric- 2 teaspoons
- Ground cumin- 2 teaspoons
- Oil/ ghee- ¼ cup
- Goat meat- 1 kg
- Onion (sliced)- 2 piece
- Garlic- 5 cloves
- Whole fat-yogurt- 1 and ½ cup
- Water-1 cup
- Green chili pepper- 2
- Tomato- 2 (nicely chopped)
- Cilantro chopped- ½ bunch
- Mint, chopped- ½ bunch
- Roasted almonds- 1/3 cup
- French fried onions- ½ cup
- Put the rice into a large bowl. Wash it well and drain the water. Add fresh water to cover the rice by 1 inch and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottom pot over a medium flame with the soaked rice. Add the whole curry spices and roast them until they began to spread aroma.
- In a large pot add ghee or oil and add meat to them. Wait until meat becomes brown. When it becomes brown then remove meats to a plate.
- Add more oil or ghee if it’s necessary, then add the onion slices and sauté them until they become brown. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté them for 1 or 2 minutes.
- With the roasted meat, add the roasted spices, yogurt, water, whole green chilies, salt and pepper to season in a large pot. Cover the pot and cook it for 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours on a medium flame.
- While the curry is started glaring, drain the basmati rice and put it in a medium sauce pan. Add the water, the saffron with its milk and a big pinch of salt. Add some cinnamon stick and a couple of cardamom for a good flavor. Bring to a boil over medium-high flame, then reduce heat to low, cover tightly. Remove from heat and set aside to rest, covered.
- Add half of the chopped herbs and chopped tomatoes into the meat curry. And cook it well for another 10 minutes.
- Spread half of the saffron rice in a hot platter. Top the rice with the meat curry. Spread the rest of the rice over the meat curry.
- Garnish the dish with rest of the tomatoes and herbs, almonds, raisins and fried onions.
- Sindhi biryani is ready to be served. You can serve it with raita or salad.
Sindhi biryani is easy to cook and delicious to taste. That’s why Sindhi biryani gained popularity all over the world. Pakistani airlines also serve this biryani in flights. Actually, biryani is the combination of meat and rice. So it is the perfect package of carbohydrates and protein. Having too much biryani is not good for health because it contains fat which is injurious to health. Red meat is also harmful to health. So take perfect amount of rich food to lead a healthy life.